Roasted sweet potatoes with sage is a simple, yet delicious, dish to accompany your Autumn and Winter meals. It is a great addition to any holiday menu while it also makes an easy and flavorful side for your weeknight dinners as well.
The roasting process intensifies the natural sugars of the sweet potatoes, concentrates their flavor, and brings out their rich nutty and earthly notes. The fresh and earthy aroma of the sage makes this dish a standout on your holiday table.
I prefer to use a combination of extra virgin olive oil and ghee to add to the natural richness of the sweet potatoes while keeping the dish light.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Sage
- 2 1/2 lb Sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp Ghee melted
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 20-30 Sage leaves 20 large or 30 small; use the small leaves and if needed chop the larger ones
- Position the rack to the center of the oven and preheat to 425 F.
- Peel the sweet potatoes, and dice them to 3/4 inch cubes.
- In a large rimmed baking sheet, combine the potatoes with the ghee, the olive oil, the sage, the salt and pepper. Spread them to form a single layer.
- Roast, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are tender and nicely browned, about 40 minutes.
This information is provided as a courtesy and for entertainment purposes only. This information comes from online calculators. Although eatmediterraneanfood.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.