Paleo Breakfast Egg-Wraps
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/3 cup packed, baby spinach or any other salad or vegetable of your choice
- 2 slices of cooked uncured bacon
- 1 tbsp medium hot salsa
- Additional tools: 11" plate unless you feel comfortable flipping the omelets in the air....
- Using a 10 inch frying pan, heat the oil.
- When the pan and the oil are hot, add the beaten eggs and swirl the pan in order to cover the bottom of the pan with a thin layer the egg mixture (like when making crêpes). This will create a very thin omelette that can replace the typical tortilla wraps.
- If you are comfortable flipping the omelets in the air, then go ahead and do so. If you are like me (more probably the omelette will land on the floor...) here is an alternative: With the help of a silicon spatula, slide the egg on the plate, cooked side at the bottom. Cover with the pan, hold the band and the plate tightly together and flip. Remove the pate and return the pan to the stove.
- After flipping the egg cook for one more minute.
- Transfer to a plate or a board, and add the remaining ingredients.
- Roll like any other tortilla to create a tasty and healthy breakfast wrap.
This information is provided as a courtesy and for entertainment purposes only. This information comes from online calculators. Although eatmediterraneanfood.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.